The war memorial in Piazza Mariano was built after 1925 on a project by Eng. Davide Cova, former mayor of the city after the Great War. The work is entirely in white travertine marble. An ark in the form of a sarcophagus decorated on all four sides is kept under an open canopy, supported on four columns with Corinthian capitals. Extending from the capitals are four full-center arches which enclose the aedicule, surmounted by a massive frame. An accurately handcrafted wrought iron lantern hangs suspended on the urn.